Yorkshire Valley Farms Canadian Eco-Scholar Award
Welcome to our 2021 Scholarship Program
We are pleased to announce that our cooperation with Yorkshire Valley Farms has allowed us to expand our scholarship awards and we are now thrilled to be able to award a total of $10,000 to students studying in Canada in 2021.
As Canada’s leading organic poultry producer, Yorkshire Valley Farms is excited to be part of the 2021 Eco-Scholar program to help encourage and guide the next generation of organic and regenerative leaders. Founded in 2010 with the purpose of making food matter more, Yorkshire Valley Farms strives to deliver a range of great tasting fresh and frozen organic chicken, turkey and egg products that promote equitable supply chains, leverage environmentally sound practices, and build resilient communities.
Tell us about the role you hope to play in the organic regenerative movement for your chance to be awarded one of four scholarships. To apply for the Yorkshire Valley Farms Canadian Eco-Scholar Award, simply submit a video of maximum 2 minutes in length in which you tell us about you, how you are engaged in organics, and how you intend to use your studies and your actions to progress organic regenerative practices in your community.
This year four Eco-Scholars will be selected for a total give-away of $10,000:
- One $5000 award for first place.
- Two $2000 second place awards.
- One $1000 third place award.
The full application form is below. Please ensure you read and accept the complete rules and regulations before submitting your application.
Deadline to apply is March 19th, 2021 by 11:59pm.
WHO CAN APPLY
The Yorkshire Valley Farms Canadian Eco-Scholar Award is open to all residents of Canada, except Quebec, who are 16 years of age or older, and are full-time students actively enrolled in a Canadian academic institution. All areas of study are eligible – what matters is that you are passionate about agriculture and how it can be a force for good in our society.
Please ensure you have reviewed the full rules and regulations before preparing your application.
- Complete the Eco-Scholar application form below. All required fields must be completed in order to successfully submit your application.
- Prepare your video. All ideas presented in the video must be your own and all statements should be respectful and should not aim to harm or misrepresent any particular group. Audio components of the video should be in the English language. Video resolution should be 1080p (High Definition) or 4K (Ultra High Definition). Here’s some helpful information on YouTube video quality.
- Upload your video to YouTube and ensure you include your video link in the application form. Please upload your video to your own YouTube channel, saved as ‘unlisted’ and paste the link to the video field in the form below. Here is some technical help on how to create a YouTube channel and help with uploading and saving your video to YouTube. Information on YouTube video privacy settings can be found here.
- If you are unable to create a video, you may submit a written essay answering the question “what role do you hope to play in the organic regenerative movement?”. Essays should be maximum 300 words. We recommend that you prepare a rough draft of your written application before completing the form below. You will be unable to save the form as a draft.
- Once submitted, you should receive an email confirmation. If you do not receive the confirmation, check your spam folder.
Successful applicants are expected to:
- Provide proof of full-time enrolment at their qualifying Canadian academic institution.
- Provide a copy of their video (if one was submitted) along with a photo of themselves for promotional use.
- Have their submission, in whole or in part, showcased online, in print and/or on television.
Successful applicants will be contacted on or about April 12, 2021.
If successful applicants do not respond within 5 business days of being contacted, we reserve the right to choose an alternate winner.
Any additional questions please contact the Eco-Scholar Coordinator – Kimberly Bell, at [email protected] Please be specific in what you need and allow 2-3 business days for a response.