What is a Meet & Greet?
Meet & Greets are gatherings for 1 hour or longer hosted by groups or companies.
Typically the format of these sessions is less structured. A short presentation may be made, or a question & answer period may be offered. Often there is ample time to drop by and mingle with others interested in the same topic.
What is the cost to attend?
Almost all Meet & Greets are free. See descriptions for each Meet & Greet.
Who can attend?
Unless otherwise specified, anyone is welcome to attend.
Do I need to register?
This depends on the Meet & Greet. If the particular meeting requires registration, it will be noted in each description below.
These meetings are hosted by groups, not by the Conference. You can not register for Meet & Greets through this website. If required, contact the individual meeting host.
What if my business or organization wants to host a Meet & Greet?
Please scroll to the bottom of this page for booking terms and reporting requirements.
Meet & Greet Schedule for 2020
last updated December 20, 2019
Saturday Meet & Greet Schedule
About the OMRI Canada Review Program
Hosted by OMRI – the Organic Materials Review Institute
Saturday, January 25th, 2020 12:00 – 1:30 pm
Location UC332 (3rd Floor of the University Centre)
- Join OMRI for our annual Meet & Greet interactive session and complimentary lunch of organic soup, rolls, cookies and coffee.
- An overview and update on the OMRI Canada Review Program.
- Interact with the OMRI staff in an open Q&A
- Free to attend public event – everyone is welcome.
- RSVPs preferred. If attending please RSVP to Nancy Henderson, [email protected] by January 17th.
Field Crop Growers Meeting
Hosted by Thompsons Limited / Sylvite Agri-Services
Saturday, January 25th, 2020 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm
- What we learned in 2019, what to expect for 2020
- New products and services; 2019 trial results
- Organic grain marketing outlook and options
- Lunch provided, space is limited. RSVP to Rob Wallbridge, [email protected]
- Location: UC 441 (4th Floor of the University Centre)
Hosted by NFU (National Farmers Union)
Saturday, January 25th, 2020 12:00 pm – 1:20 pm
Join the National Farmers Union – Ontario and the Ontario Farmland Trust for a land-matching session that will allow young farmers to access land and retiring farmers to identify possible successors as well as provide legal resources, conservation information, and other support.
- Learn about:
- Succession models, including non-family succession and cooperatives.
- Farmland conversation options, including Conservation Easements and Land Trusts.
- Support and resources for new farmers.
- Networking opportunities for:
- Young and aspiring farmers seeking land.
- Established or retiring farmers in search of successors or farmland tenants.
- Rural landowners with farmland to rent, share, or protect.
- If you are interested in attending, RSVPs not mandatory but appreciated. Please visit here to RSVP.
- Location – UC334
COTA (Canada Organic Trade Association)
Saturday, January 25th, 2020 Room UC430
OVCRT & OCO
Saturday, January 25th, 2020 Room UC335
Sunday Meet & Greet Schedule
Grow Ontario Organic Campaign
Hosted by OCO (Organic Council of Ontario)
Sunday, January 26th, 2020 12:00pm – 1:00pm
- Organic producers all experience common risks and challenges that require more dedicated support.
- After collecting sector feedback, OCO proposes a voluntary ‘check-off’ on organic products would allow producers to divert a designated portion of their usual commodity/container fees towards an organic association instead.
- In this information session learn more about how you can support this proposal.
- Open to all organic operators.
- RSVPS appreciated by January 20th at this Eventbrite link.
- Location: UC332 (3rd Floor of the University Centre)
Hosting a Meet & Greet
last updated Dec 17, 2019
If your business or organization would like to host a Meet & Greet contact the Conference Manager, Tomas Nimmo. Email: [email protected] Phone: 705-444-0923
Meet & Greet room requests should be made by mid-September at the latest. Preference is given to sponsors.
Meet & Greets can only be held between 11am and 2pm on either the Saturday or Sunday of the conference.
Room fees apply.
*If you are not affiliated with the conference as a speaker, exhibitor or sponsor it is at the discretion of the Conference Manager and Board Member whether your organization may host a Meet & Greet.
If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, visit here.
You must provide the following information by November 1st to Susan Ratz via email – [email protected]
Please use a subject line of “Meet & Greet Description – [Your Organization Name]”
(Failure to provide this information may result in cancellation of your Meet & Greet. If you do not know by this date the purpose and description of your event, we question why it is necessary.)
- Main contact for your organization, providing First & Last name, Title, Phone and Email
- Title for the Meet & Greet
- Your Organization Name
- Start time / End time
- 1-3 bullet points describing the agenda for the meeting
- Is this a Public event where all are welcome to attend, or a Private event?
- Confirm if there is a cost to attend or if it is FREE to attend.
- Confirm if an RSVP is required to attend. If yes, specify Contact Name, Email address and Due Date for RSVPs.
We will list your Meet & Greet on our website, and try to include a basic listing in the printed conference brochure.
After the conference, we ask that you provide the following information in an email early February.
- # of attendees
- Background / experience of attendees
- General observations
- Feedback on whether you feel your attendees also attended other Conference components – workshops, Trade Show, other special meetings.
Failure to provide feedback may affect your ability to reserve a room in the future.