** Thank you to everyone who submitted a workshop proposal for the 2019 conference. We received about 75 proposals for 45 spots!
As of June 8, 2018 the workshop schedule for the 2019 conference has been chosen. Individuals who submitted proposals are being contacted. We sincerely appreciate all of the submissions.
2020 Conference Proposals
Each year we host over 40 workshops and we encourage interested individuals to apply.
Topics should be consistent with the conference goals of “Organic foods, farming & gardening plus closely related ecological issues.” Ideally, your workshop should fit into one of these themes…
- Organic Crop Production – Large Scale (more than 100, to 500+ acres)
- Organic Crop Production – Small Scale / Market Garden
- Organic Livestock Production
- Organic Gardening
- Urban Agriculture
- Resilient Agriculture / Climate Change
- New and/or unique crops
- Women in Organic Agriculture
- Any creative proposal which improves the impact of organic agriculture or which helps develop the organic sector
View a pdf of required information here or look at the form below.
If you have questions, or want initial feedback on your idea(s) before submission you can…
- Email Tomas (Conference Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org and Susan email@example.com
- or Phone Tomas 705-444-0923
Please note that the workshop proposal process is competitive. Each year, the conference receives more proposals than it can accept. In submitting a proposal you also agree, that if accepted, to adhere to various deadlines & requirements as a speaker.
For those proposals accepted for presentation at the 2019 conference, formal confirmations will be completed May to July.
Due Date for Submissions: March 15th , 2019
How to Submit Proposals
** Submission process updated Jan 24, 2018.
Option 1 – Complete the online form below.
- Please note you will not have the ability to save the form as you go. We suggest you organize your information beforehand.
- Once your application has been submitted, a confirmation message should appear at the bottom of the page PLUS you should receive a confirmation email.
Option 2 – By email
- View a pdf of required information here or look at the form below.
- Submit the required information via email to both the Conference Manager & Communications –
firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Proposals submitted as pdfs, Word documents or information within the email are also acceptable.
- In Subject Line please note “GOC19 Workshop Proposal – [Your Last Name] – [Topic]
- We will aim to acknowledge your submission within 3 business days.
Option 3 – By mail
Guelph Organic Conference Attn: Tomas Nimmo Box 116 Collingwood, ON L9Y 3Z4
Workshop Proposal Application Form