2021 Conference Proposals
Each year we host over 40 workshops and we encourage interested individuals to apply.
Topics should be consistent with the conference goals of “Organic foods, farming & gardening plus closely related ecological issues.”
Ideally, your workshop should fit into one of these themes…
- Organic Crop Production – Large Scale (more than 100, to 500+ acres)
- Organic Crop Production – Small Scale / Market Garden
- Organic Livestock Production
- Resilient Agriculture / Climate Change
- Organic Gardening
- Urban Agriculture
- New and/or unique crops
- Women in Organic Agriculture
- Organic Nutrition / Health
- Another theme which you propose
If you have questions or want initial feedback on your idea(s) before submission you can…
- Email Susan Ratz at [email protected] or reach her by phone at 226-236-5790.
Please note that the workshop proposal process is competitive. Each year, the conference receives more proposals than it can accept. In submitting a proposal you also agree, that if accepted, to adhere to various deadlines & requirements as a speaker.
For those proposals accepted for presentation at the 2021 conference, we will aim to provide formal confirmations mid to late summer.
Due Date for 2021 Workshops Submissions: Thursday, April 30th, 2020
How to Submit Proposals
** Submission process updated January 22, 2020.
Option 1 (Preferred) – Complete the online form below.
- Please note you will not have the ability to save the form as you go. We suggest you review the information required and have your answers ready beforehand.
- Once your application has been submitted, a confirmation message should appear at the bottom of the page PLUS you should receive a confirmation email.
Option 2 – By email
- Submit the required information via email to both – [email protected] and
- Proposals submitted as pdfs, Word documents or information within the email are also acceptable.
- In Subject Line please note “GOC21 Workshop Proposal – [Your Last Name] – [Topic]
- We will aim to acknowledge your submission within 5-10 business days.
Option 3 – By mail
Guelph Organic Conference Box 116 Collingwood, ON L9Y 3Z4