Friday, January 24, 2020
9:00 am to 12:00 pm
Pat Johnson’s farm was certified organic in 1994 (after many years of using organic methodology) and certified BioDynamic in 2013. He is among the top organic orchard specialists in eastern Canada.
There are a huge variety of factors which go into successful organic orcharding.
In this workshop learn from Pat as he covers 10 of the essentials.
Topics covered will include:
- Biology of Diseases, Pests, Predators and Parasitoids
- Crop Rotation for Orchard Establishment
- Preplant Planning Years
- Market and Cultivar Selections
- Field Monitoring and Development of a Disease and Pest Program
- Plant Health
- Tree Fruit Nutrition
- Orchard Sanitation
- Field Trials
- An Organic/Alternative Mindset to Farming
Workshop description updated Dec 27 2019.
Applying BD 501 horn silica at walnut size apple fruitlet stage with a tower sprayer.
Applying 2019 compost in the fall of 2019.